Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A little rougher today


Today was a bit harder.

As I posted earlier today, were were dealing with the apnea. To me, it did seem to get better throughout the day, but they are continuing to watch it.

No one gave us an update on the ultrasound, but everyone keeps saying that no news is good news.

Randy struggled with a fever throughout the day. We tried to keep him cooled down ~ some with medication but too much could damage the liver, so we had a fan going on him most of the day, we had ice packs all over him and we changed out the washcloth on his head regularly.

He is still having the storming episodes, but they don't seem to be as big as they were the first couple of days. I don't know if that is because I am getting use to them or they really have gone down some.

When we left this evening, he seemed to be resting well.

I will post more updates tomorrow ~ I think my mind has come to the point of not being able to focus anymore!

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

Rachel - thank you so much for keeping us posted. To the extent it is therapeutic for you - keep up the great work! Your writing is excellent, and we appreciate it so much. But always remember to take care of you, not letting yourself get overwhelmed. You are the only one who knows when you need a break. I trust God will provide you the courage to say when that is, and to ask for help. I am holding up your daughter in prayer, too. May she be a continual blessing to you.
God loves you and your family so much more than all the rest of us put together, which is a HUGE lot of love :)
Blessings,