Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Updates for today


When we got here this morning, Randy seemed to be resting well. The nurse said there were not any major episodes throughout the night.

I guess the head nurse from last night told Randy's dad they might have a concern that the is having seizures and will run a test to verify. When they have been checking his pupils, sometimes they are responsive, sometimes not. He has also been shaking, which is a bit different than the storming episodes (with storming, it seems that his right arm and leg move in a flexing manner and his right arm grabs at anything around it).

Also, shortly after we got here, a social worker came in to talk to us. Randy needs physical therapy right now. He can't be in the Harborview program until he is able to participate. So as soon as they get the medical issues resolved (which would be the fever and the storming episodes), Randy will need to be moved to another facility that can do intensive rehab on him. The name of the place they have given us is North Auburn Rehab ~ it is somewhat close to home. I looked it up on this website: http://memberofthefamily.net/watch/505195.htm and don't really like what I see so far. So, if anyone out there has recommendations, please let me know as soon as possible. Even if it isn't right by home, I want to make sure he goes into a place where he is going to get the best care.

Well, I think that is it for the updates this morning. I will post more as they come up.

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Darcee,

Thank you very much for sending those places. I will give the names to the social worker to check to see if they can handle Randy's type of care. If you come up with any more, let me know, and if he gives me names of others, I will post to get any feedback.