Saturday, May 19, 2007

Exhausting Week

This week has been a very tiring week this week. Randy has seemed to move from grinding his teeth to talking in his sleep. Both Randy and Cass talk in their sleep, but with Randy, it is usually only once in awhile. This week, though, it has been every night starting with the Friday before Mother's Day. Even on days that he had gone to Bally's and had exercised ~ he still woke me up throughout the night. One night, he woke me up several times to tell me how much he loved me and appreciated me. Of course, he was asleep through it all. The next day, I told him I would like to be loved and appreciated a little less. I was so exhausted the next day that I had to take a nap during my lunch break.

Today, the three of us had volunteered to do some service work with our church for a place that provides housing for single mothers who need a little extra help. I woke up with a horrible headache. I think it was from a mixture of lack of sleep and allergies. Cass and I stayed home (she is still having some issues with her allergies) and Randy went to help out. So I got to catch up on a little bit of sleep!

Randy had a great time helping out. He worked alongside the pastor, who is familiar with some of the deficits that Randy has with his left side.

Tonight, the three of us played Clue. Randy had a little bit of a hard time with it. He won the first game, but only because Cass and I reminded him of things he had already discovered. Cass has never played Clue before. She is a little too talkative of a kid. She kept giving clues away. But then Randy would forget the clues she had given away. Thankfully, he finds his lack of memory as humorous as we do, so we all had a great time tonight.

No comments: