Sunday, May 20, 2007

Funny Story

I had to share a funny story. At church, Randy doesn't like to sing so he usually sits and looks up things in his Bible. Today, he came across a verse he wanted to show me. He tapped me on the arm and lifted the Bible up to me. As I was reading it, he whispers to me "This verse really correlates with the one that I am learning". To help with Randy's memory problems, the whole family has committed to work on memorizing scripture verses. This week, we all had different ones we wanted to memorize. Randy has been working on his so hard that he often talks about it in his sleep. When he showed me the verse and told me how much it correlated to his verse, I just started laughing. See, the verse he showed me was Proverbs 3:6. The verses that Randy had been learning all week were Proverbs 3:5&6. So, it was the second half of his set of verses.

Also at church today, our pastor used a prop, which he often does. His prop today was this thing that went on his head. It was a band that had spring things coming out of the front of it. The springs came down, ending just about eye level. During the first part of the message, he began putting sticky notes on the ends of the springs so the notes were right before his eyes. Cass and I decided that Randy needed one of these contraptions!

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

Oh, Rachel - your stories are so cute and funny. Praise God for a strong sense of humor!!
Thank you for sharing these :)