Sunday, August 13, 2006

2nd Day at home

Randy got his feeding tube taken out today. He was so excited. It was a very easy process ~ they just pulled it out. They said the stomach will heal very quickly. The skin will take a little bit longer.

Randy had a nice day at home. He didn't get to eat breakfast this morning because of having the tube removed, so his mom and sister made a wonderful brunch for him. He loved it. Throughout the day he kept telling me how great the food was. He had a great time just relaxing around the house. He laid on the loveseat reading books and magazines throughout the afternoon and he had a great time visiting with those who came by. Cass told me today that things felt more "normal" ~ her dad reading or working on the computer while her and I played games.

It was very nice. Randy said he really liked being home, but he doesn't like to ride in the car. I can't say I blame him! As soon as we got back to the hospital, he started obsessing about the accident again. He has spent the last hour and a half trying to find any news articles on the accident. I have told him several times that there was no news on it becomes something else happened that night that took up the news (I just can't remember what it was that happened), but it hasn't stopped him from looking. I think he is just trying to sort through what's happened. I can't even imagine what it must be like for him in not having any memory for that block of time.

No comments: