Monday, August 28, 2006



This is how Randy talks on the phone. See... he gets good use out of that cane! He was talking to his friend Jon and dropped the phone a few times because he was trying to walk and talk at the same time.

Randy had physical therapy today. She didn't do much with him, just walked him outside a bit. After the walk she told me she thought it would be okay to take him for short walks to start getting use to being out. I didn't want to tell her that I have taken out and he has walked all over Target and Home Depot. I know he is probably about past the point of being eligible for Home Health services, but I wanted a little bit more time to find an Outpatient Therapy place for him to go. Good Sam does have Outpatient but I will be starting back to work tomorrow so I can't take him and Randy's mom doesn't like the traffic around here (understandably so). I also wanted to find a place that Randy could get to on his own for down the road and in case his mom needs a break ~ their is a service from Metro that will come pick Randy up, help him into the bus, and walk him into the building, but he would need to stay in King County and Good Sam is in Pierce. I called Valley Medical and they have Outpatient rehab, the occupational, physical and speech. We plan to go in and visit their facilities here soon.

I am sure they will be saying that Randy doesn't need Home Health services here really soon. He is getting so mobile. His balance is getting better everyday.

Randy still definitely has his sense of humor. His mom was telling Cass that she would have to fight with her dad over gummy worms that she bought and Randy said "Remember, I have a cane". Also, earlier in the day, he showed his smart-alec side. When he drops his cane (which he does quite often), I tell him that I will pick it up for him because I am worried about him bending down to get it and falling over. Well, his cane fell, I picked it up, I tried to put it against the counter and it fell. I said "Man, now I am dropping your cane!" Randy promptly said "Do you want me to pick it up for you?"

No comments: