Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yesterday and Today

Sorry I didn't have an end of day post for yesterday. In the evening, Randy started to not feel too well. He kept saying he felt "yucky" and he started running a low grade temp. I stayed with him all night since I wasn't sure he could call his nurse if he needed to go to the bathroom.

He is much better today, though. He slept through the night and woke up feeling so much better. This morning, he played Go Fish with me and the only issue he had with playing was holding his cards since his left hand doesn't work that well still.

Since he is getting up to go to the bathroom, I asked them to try to take the catheter out again, so they took it out this morning. Becky (his nurse) and I both told him that if he was not able to urinate on his own today he would have to have it back in, so he drank all liquids left in the room and sent me downstairs for more! He has been doing great with going to the bathroom all day today.

Physical and Occupationsl Therapy just came to work with him. They walked him down the hall. They kept asking if he was getting tired and wanted to turn around ~ nope he wanted to keep on going. They finally decided to turn him around and bring him back.

Our neighbor came to visit him today and evened out his hair ~ it looks great. I have pictures, but I don't have a way to transfer them from my card to the computer here, so I will post them when I get home (I will probably stay one more night and then go home tomorrow night).

As for the rehab place, I would really like for him to good to Good Samaritan, but there might be an issue with beds there as well, which leaves the UW. I know the UW is a good place, too. I have just had several contacts with the people at Good Sam and have been impressed with how they have dealt with me up to this point. For them to take him, though, he has to be off restraints for 24 hours, which we would have had today, but I asked for one arm to be restrained last night because his catheter was bothering him and I was worried he would pull on it during the night. So tonight, no restraints (which is why I might not go home, just to make sure he doesn't try to get out of bed). If he makes it through with no restraints then we just have to hope that a male bed becomes available there.

Anyway about it, he will be moved out in the next couple of days ~ whether it be to Good Sam or to UW. I will post as soon as we know for sure.

One last thing ~ for those wanting to contact Jon and Kelli for questions regarding the silent auction, in case you did not see Jon's comment, you can call Kelli at 206-369-4866 or email Jon at jon6foot4@hotmail.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you have given us nothing but good news the last few days. Glad Randy is doing much better. As for the UW it is a good place if you can not get him into Good Sam's.
It is good Randy is responding the way he is by wanting to walk and do whatever it take to get better. It sounds like he will be out and back home soon.
Love to you, your daughter, Marsha and Paul.

Donna R Herman

HeatherD said...

Just read this and had to leave it with you even though I just posted. It is from Joel Osteen's web site (excerpted):

Faith happens NOW

Today's Scripture

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
...

The Bible says in Hebrews, "Now faith is..." In other words, faith is always in the now. God is saying, now is the time to get out of the boat. Now is the time to stretch your faith. Now is the time to do whatever it is that God is telling you.
...
Be bold, rise up, and be obedient to the voice of the Lord. As you do, you'll discover new strength and freedom like you've never experienced before, and you will discover the champion in you!

A Prayer for Today

God, I will listen to that voice inside me that tells me the risks that You want me to take and find the courage to step into the faith zone. Great things await me if I put my trust in You and really unleash my faith. In Jesus' name, Amen.