Friday, August 25, 2006

Cass and Mom Rush are Back

Here is what Cass did in Yakima ~ played in the dirt! She had a great time helping Grandpa out with pear harvest. She came back this evening, though, with Randy's mom.

Randy and I had a great day. I took him to Target and Home Depot today because I had a couple of things I needed to grab. I brought his wheelchair along, but he didn't want it ~ he wanted to walk. He did great. I was amazed how much people were in a hurry and I worried a bit that someone would knock him over, but he managed just fine.

Over the last couple of days, he has been emailing those people who have sent him an email. It takes him a little while to compose the email because his left hand isn't to the point yet it can help yet, so all the typing is one handed and it takes him a little bit to determine what he wants to say, but he is working on it. It amazes me how well he is doing with getting his thoughts out and putting them into full sentences that make perfect sense (at least the ones I read made sense!).

Another thing I have noticed over the last couple of days is the inflection in his voice is returning. It is common for people with head injuries to talk very monotone and some don't get their inflection back. With Randy, I definitely hear more inflection, especially as he is talking to people over the phone or as he is talking to the dogs.

He is doing amazing.

No comments: