Sunday, August 20, 2006

Randy's Weekend Home

The weekend went great. It was so nice to have him there. I wasn't ready to bring him back. We actually got back late because we were having such a nice time sitting on our back patio talking to our neighbor. Someone had joked with Randy earlier in the day that if he were late returning they might keep him longer. As the time that we were suppose to be here passed, Randy started asking if they really were going to make him stay longer or how else they might penalize him for being late. He is so worried that he won't get to come home this week ~ he wants to be there so much! They actually didn't say anything about our lateness.

Randy had such a nice time throughout the weekend. We all went to church today. Randy told me throughout the day how nice it was to go. He played a game on the Gamecube with Cass for a little bit. He didn't do too bad with it ~ Cass and I just had to walk him through parts of it. He was only able to play for a short time due to his vision.

Last night, Randy did well with being outside of a hospital bed. I was a little worried about him falling off so I made him sleep in the middle of the bed (which he use to do anyway). I was worried for nothing, though. He did absolutely fine.

One thing Randy is struggling with, though, is still feeling very unsure about himself. With all of the visitors we had this weekend, as soon as it was just he and I he would ask him if he was embarrasing or if he sounded stupid. He also kept asking how he was different than before the accident.

2 comments:

HeatherD said...

Randy, when God promises He will restore you, He means whole, well, and fully. Maybe (probably) better than before, whatever that means!! You can trust Him. Your enemy will use any technique to hold you back from progress - physical challenges, emotional issues and spiritual battles. This is a battle of the spirit you are fighting. If you think you need medication, you are doing the right thing to start asking questions. I have been there, and there are a LOT of issues to address. But we all know by now Rachel can help. Your self-doubt is probably temporary, but talking to a medical professional will help you identify when and how to assess improvement or need for medication. Just trust in your Lord and Savior, who loves you and cares for you and has great plans for your life!

Cagle Clan said...

Randy, I saw you yesterday in the back while I was leading worship. It was so beautiful to see you there. I wanted to just jump off of the stage and hug you...even though I know we have never met :). I read your blog every day, and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know God is with you and has His hand on you. He is a restorer of lives Randy, a renewer of minds, and He is THE great physician. You are in very good hands my precious brother.
Bless you!! Next time I see you I will come up and say hello and we can meet face to face! :)
With you,
Jessica Cagle