Tuesday, October 24, 2006

BBQing


Randy spent the morning at our neighbor's house today. His mom needed to go into the dentist. Since her dentist is rather far away, she went to our dentist, which happens to be a good friend of her dentist. While she was there, Randy hung out at the neighbor's, who was thankfully working from today today. Randy took the time to read some more of the textbook of the class that he is taking. The class ends here shortly and he did what he always did with online classes ~ he saved everything for the last minute!

Throughout the afternoon, Randy worked on his models, of course. He also made dinner tonight. Randy makes excellent burgers.

Then, it being Tuesday night, he took off with his friend Brandon.

Today I started my physical therapy today for my pinched nerve. My coworked today asked if I had brought shorts or some sweats and I kind of looked at him like he was crazy. I informed him that I do not wear shorts, EVER! I have very white legs and would rather not show them off to anyone. I told him I was sure I could move around just fine in my slacks. So I get to physical therapy today and right after the therapist introduces herself, she hands me shorts to put on.

The session went very well despite the wearing of shorts. During her evaluation, she seemed to know right where to find all of the spots that hurt. However, she finished the session up doing some stretches that really helped. She told me that my posture is a big culprit of my lower back problems. I tend to stand mostly on the front part of my foot with my body leaning forward, so she had me working on shifting my weight back.She also gave me a couple of exercises to do that were very similar to the ones that Doug emailed me a week or so ago. Overall, I feel better.

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

Rachel - thanks for keeping up with the posts so faithfully. You and Randy are quite a team - soon Cass will be old enough to drive, and she can take you both to your various yearly checkups! (You'll be way past regular physical therapy by then!)

Glad you are taking care of YOU, Rachel!!!

The bit about the shorts is hilarious!! I spend a lot of years in southern CA and I agree - my white legs are not for public viewing!! Go Sweats!! (I even wore them for Volleyball!)