Monday, April 23, 2007

Dr Baxstrom Visit

Randy had an appointment with Dr Baxstrom this morning. As I was driving to work, I had the realization that it would be the first time that he would be driving their all by himself. The times that I have driven him, he had never quite remembered where to turn. I called him and he assured me that he knew how to get there. He said he knew the back way. Baxstrom's office is by a mall in Federal Way and as long as Randy could find his way to the mall, I knew he would be fine. Still feeling a little uneasy, I told him to call me if he needed my help. As I pulled in to work, I happen to look down at my cell phone and saw that I had two missed calls from him ~ I hadn't heard my cell phone go off. When I called him, he said he had found his way to the mall, but couldn't quite figure out which direction it was from there. I said "So you are by the mall in Federal Way?". He paused for a moment and then laughed. He had gone to the SuperMall in Auburn. He had remembered it was by a mall but got the wrong mall! I ended up getting him the address as soon as I got into work. He pulled over and put the address in his GPS system and was finally able to find his way there. Thank God for GPS systems!!

Dr Baxstrom gave Randy some good news about his eyes ~ they are 20/20 vision. It seems the eye drops Randy was given in February worked and stopped the spasms that were going on, giving him the nearsightedness. This is great news! Now we need prayer that the nerves that are causing his double vision will be healed.

No comments: