Monday, April 16, 2007

Last Few Days

Friday, Randy went back to the doctor. He saw a commerical for restless leg syndrome and felt that the symptoms matched what he has been feeling when trying to go to sleep. I think what he is feeling is his nerves going through the healing process. Since we couldn't afford the sleeping medication the doctor had prescribed, Randy decided to see if medication for restless leg syndrome would help. The doctor said it would take a few days to get into his system, but Randy says he is already feeling some difference in his leg.

Unfortunately, it dos not stop the teeth grinding. I have ear plugs, but many times Randy sticks his mouth right next to my ears so I can still hear it. I think he is doing it to spite me!

Today, Randy went down to the Boeing Employee Flight Association to check out volunteer opportunities. Unfortunately, right now the only time slot they had didn't work with getting Cass from school.

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

(First about the job) God has already begun to prepare your new position for you, and you for your new position. Lately a predominant idea in my prayer times has been that of roots. We can't see anything happening when we plant (sow), but the change starts inside the seed, then roots grow, and finally we get to see the tiniest shoot above the dirt. At first we can't even tell whether it's the right plant, or a weed, but that's where waiting on the Lord really becomes key.
I know you know all this, but that visual has been so helpful for me through recent changes.
Boeing is a great company, but I have been so fulfilled since leaving. Boeing may even be a good choice for you...
About Randy's sleep - wow, praise God there is hope in the new medication. For teeth grinding, we did get some benefit from those $2 mouthguards that you buy at the Sporting Goods store and mold to fit. Mine was never really comfortable, but it protected my teeth for the "falling asleep" phase. (Then I would wake up and get rid of it!) But I fell right back to sleep :)

My prayer for you today is peace and rest in God's providence. He will never leave you nor forsake you, and He has great plans to prosper you not to harm you.