Sunday, November 05, 2006

End of the weekend

Our Sunday went well, for the most part. We got a lot done today around the house - almost everything I had wanted to get done this weekend. Randy cleaned out our gutters, which had gotten clogged with leaves. He scared me a little bit climbing up the ladder, but all went well with it. He then made breakfast foods for lunch. I was actually very impressed. He had 3 different things going at once and didn't burn a single one of them. Everything actually turned out very well. He also did a couple of projects around the house. They took him a little longer than it would have before the accident, but he stuck with them and got everything done.

Randy's mom made it back safely tonight. She said traffic was awful. She thinks there was an accident earlier that backed everything up. So it took a little longer than she would have liked!

This evening, my mom called to let me know that my dad is back in the hospital. He has been in and out a lot over the last few years. My mom took him in last night because he was running a high fever. When I talked to her tonight, they still didn't know what was causing the fever. Before the accident, Randy and I had been talking about going to visit my parents (they are in Oklahoma). I wish I could be there if for nothing else than to support my mom through all of this.

2 comments:

HeatherD said...

Hi, Rachel and Randy!
The past three weeks our pastor has been teaching on Jesus' healings in the gospels. He has dealt with spiritual, then emotional and yesterday physical healing. It has been a really neat time.
Yesterday he invited those with the gift of healing to come forward, then those who needed healing to come. I just didn't feel led to come up either time. Finally he invited those who might want to, to stand in for someone. Then I felt led to come and intercede for you. So I just want you to know we are praying for your headaches and your eyes - those are the major issues I know of, thanks to Rachel's blog postings.

The Girl said...

Heather,
Thank you! I know that Randy is where he is at today becaue of the prayers and the support of people such as yourself.