Sunday, November 12, 2006

Very Tiring But Good Day

Today ended up being a very long day, but definitely a good one.

Our day started out with Randy and I getting to church early and helping out with passing out bulletins and greeting people as they walked in the door. We have never gotten there early. It was great to see how many people get there early to get things ready for the service. We only know a handful of people so it was nice to greet those we hadn't seen before. It was fun. We need to make more of a habit out of doing that.

Then we headed out to Home Depot and Lowes. Randy has been asking to be able to do a project around the house. It was what he spent most of his time at home doing ~ little projects that needed to be done. So we got a couple of organizational things for him to put together, oneis for some of his stuff in the garage to fit into to. Then we also got a project for him to do in our main bathroom. For that one, he wants to be the planner and the executor, only asking for help when he thinks he really needs it.

We got home in time to get ready to head up North. I want to thank Heather for inviting us up to her church this evening. The church (which is up in Stanwood, not quite a 2 hour drive) had a special prayer service tonight. It was great to go up there and have them pray over Randy for his healing as well as to be part of them praying for each other as a church group.

Today was very long and tiring, but we had a great day. Randy said he didn't feel "on top of his game" today. I think it is from not getting enough sleep last night and running around all day. I noticed that his memory was a little worse today. But mine was to, for that matter.

By the time we got home tonight, we were both ready for bed. As I was writing the blog, he began searching for his eye patch. After a couple of paragraphs, I commented that it had to be over "there" somewhere. He responded back with saying that it should have been with the others and then stopped and looked at me and asked where "there" was. I told him that "there" meant his side of the room that he was looking on. I then asked what he was looking for to make sure we were on the same wave length with our conversation. He told me he was looking for a receipt for something. I just kind of laughed and asked him if he remembered what he had started out looking for. He looked at me very confused and said "Well, yeah. The receipt." I laughed again and he asked what was so funny. I said "This is my life now". I waited a bit to see if his memory would kick in. When it didn't I reminded him that he was looking for his eye patch. He laughed and said "Oh yeah" and went back to looking. A couple of minutes later, he exclaimed "I found it!" and then holds up the receipt.

The eye patch still has not been found.

2 comments:

HeatherD said...

Rachel - it was such an honor to meet you in person. What fortitude you have to make that long a drive (I hadn't realized it was quite so far when I invited you!) Randy - gosh, you sure are doing GREAT!! Just as eloquent as I remembered!
And Cassie is such a precious girl!
Well, the main reason I posted a comment was just to say - the eye patch WAS over Randy's shoulder yesterday - is it possible it came off with his shirt?!!

THANK you again for coming. We wil continue to pray boldly for 110% healing!

The Girl said...

Randy ended up finding the eye patch the next morning in the bathroom, where he had taken it off. He found it when he wasn't looking for it and wasn't getting distracted by that receipt!