Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Merrills


Randy, Cass and I went down to Good Sam today to visit the Merrills. I don't know if Al remembers me or not, but I know Sharon was very glad to have us there. She wanted to compare everything Al was going through with what Randy went through. There have been some similarities, but a lot of differences as well. He is looking a lot better than last time I saw him, though. I took a picture of him walking during his physical therapy today. I heard him talk more today than I did the entire time we were at Harborview.

I think Randy enjoyed going to visit them as well. He shared a lot about his experience and things that he was feeling. I think Sharon was a bit amazed how good Randy was doing. By the end of our time there, though, she was firing one question after another at him, trying to gain insight on what her husband might be going through. The visit did all of us good. We got a chance to share our experience with someone who really needed to hear it, which made us feel like we could really help out someone else.

No comments: