Monday, November 20, 2006

Lunch with Brother


Randy and his mom met with Randy's brother and his wife for lunch today. His brother hasn't gotten to see him since July (he is in the Airforce). Randy is looking a little better than he was back then!

Tonight, Randy and I worked on his homework assignment. He and I each had to plan our day at an amusment park. It is essentially a logic problem. It gave us a few hints, such as the time we arrived and the time we had to be home by, and then we had to plan out the day from there depending on the different "clues" we were given. Randy has had to do the assignment before. This time, he was instructed to have someone else do it and time both himself and the other person. I have always loved doing logic problems and figuring out those sort of puzzles, so I finished the task relatively quickly. Randy wasn't too far behind me in finishing, though.

As for my sciatic nerve problem, I have been trying various exercises and stretches given by my physical therapist and other who have had the same issue, and my body has refused to cooperate. My muscles just aren't relaxing around the nerve. Last night was the worst of it. I, at one point, was shaking from the intense pain. Today I gave in and went to the doctor. She put me on some steroid. I will start taking them tomorrow. I hope they begin working very quickly! Before last Wednesday, the stretches Doug had emailed me were working great and then my therapist was teaching me exercises to strengthen my muscles to prevent it from happening again. I have no idea what happened, but I am ready for it to be over!

2 comments:

HeatherD said...

Lord I pray that you will continue to watch over Rachel and her body as she continues to push on with Randy's rehab. You are such a loving Father, and I pray You will deliver Rachel from the pain she is experiencing. God, I lift up Rachel to You, our Divine Healer, especially to ease her frustration with not feeling better. We thank You for Your loving care and mercy. In Jesus' name...

HeatherD said...

Rachel - I had so much pain in my sciatic nerve after my car accident, and stretching really was a great benefit. Working out came more slowly, as the tendency to overdo can really cause quite a setback! Just continue to be patient with yourself and set some serious boundaries about how you will treat your body - God's holy temple - so that it can repair.

On the issue of reminders - I have chronic memory problems, and have lately discovered that the calendar feature on my cell phone is so handy! It was a free phone with the calling plan, so it is in info and set a time for it to happen, and reminders starting a period of time ahead. So that way I have to keep hitting "Snooze" until I am done with the task. It is working better than I ever would have thought! Maybe Randy's phone has a smilar feature, or his PDA - I know an alarm was also critical to me so that I could leave in time for a meeting!
In His hands...