Monday, February 05, 2007

And We are Off

The last couple of days have been busy. Sunday, Randy and his friend Jon worked on Cassandra's playhouse. It is shaping up nicely. Randy got a little down on himself, feeling rather "gimpy" as he called it. He wants to be able to do things like he did before and it sometimes gets to him a little bit that he can't.

His parents came that evening to spend some time before Randy takes his first post-accident flight. We leave tomorrow morning for Oklahoma to see my parents. I am not looking forward to a day of flying, but I am looking forward to seeing them.

Today was my first day back at work since my surgery. My doctor wanted me to start out with part time, so I only worked 4 hours today, but I got a lot done in those 4 hours! It was very nice to be back there, though I did enjoy my time with Randy this last month.

Our evening was spent getting ready for our trip. It started off with looking everywhere for the luggage that Randy had moved. We usually keep our luggage in our spare room closet, but apparently, at some point Randy had decided he didn't want to keep it there. I finally located it hidden in the garage. One of my new roles is "finder of all things"! Now, we are all packed and Randy has his motion sickness patch on, which is a little bit of a funny story. Randy went to put the patch on, but it wasn't sticking. It didn't really look right to me. When it fell off a few minutes after putting it on, I asked him to go get another one so that we could take a look at it together. Upon opening the new package, a little square that looked like what Randy had just put on fell out and left in the package was the actual patch attached to a little adhesive strip. Apparently, he had thrown away the first patch.

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

Finders, keepers!
Hope you had a safe, uneventful flight! ENJOY your change of scenery :)