Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Day of Visiting


Our morning started out with a phone call from Randy's cousin. He lives in Tulsa and was coming our way for a basketball game. We got to visit with him for awhile this morning before he had to take off. Shortly after he left, my family began showing up for lunch. My mom made her "red chicken" (barbque chicken), which is one of my favorites! The last time I was here, she had started to make it for me and then had to be taken to the hospital so I was a little hesitant to ask this time, but it all worked out okay this time. We had a very nice meal and a good time visiting with everyone.


The last couple of days, Randy has been dealing with being in not-so-good moods. Most of the day, he wanted to just hide out in the bedroom, but he did alright with making himself come out and visit some. In the last few months, his moods have gone up and down, but I think he is starting to realize it more and has said that he want to talk to his doctor about trying some medication that might help some. I was wondering if it was kind of a sensory overload that affected his moods the last couple of days. He has also been reading the books of other people's experience with TBI and is feeling a bit down about the life that he has lost. I just remind him of Joe at our support group. He is 2 years post accident and has come a long way. He attributes having a positive attitude for how far he has come in the last 2 years. Sometimes it is hard to keep a positive look on things, especially when you look into the past and long for what you had. You just have to keep your focus to the present and all that you have now.

No comments: