Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cass is Back to School

Cass started back to school today. Randy did very good with getting her to and from school. He actually get up out of bed before I left for work today. I thought he would go back to sleep after I left, but when I got to work and called, he was still up. They chose to walk today, but we did get a lock for bikes if they choose to ride bikes. Randy spent the day working on various therapy things. When I called on one of my breaks from my training class, he admitted that he had only really played with the Super Mario game and watched tv, but after talking to me he worked on some of the Brain Age games and did some stretches and exercises for his arm.

Tomorrow, Randy gets to try out the Metro Access bus system for his eye appointment with Dr Baxstrom. I am so thankful that we have the Access system in this area. If Randy were to ride the regular Metro bus, he would have to leave the house at 7:30 in the morning to get to his 11:15 appointment and then he wouldn't get home until after 4:30. Neither of those times works for Cass's school schedule. With the Access bus, they will pick him up right at our front door a little after 10 am and take him straight to the Dr's office. Then they will pick him up and bring him back to our house. What is also nice is, if his appointment takes longer than planned and he misses the pick up time, they will send what they call a "will call" ride out to pick him up to make sure he doesn't have to sit there for a long time.

We heard from our attorney today. I guess the company of the truck that hit Randy has put in a motion for dismissal on the grounds that they are not at fault. If they get it dismissed, we have no real case since the guy that began the chain of events has no insurance and no assets that could be found. The next step for our attorney is to get a statement from the officer at the scene stating that the vehicle was over the weight limit. Then we take that to the hearing and hope that the judge will not dismiss our case. Randy and I don't have to go to the hearing since Randy has no memory of anything that happened. This has me a tad stressed out. I am sure that this is common practice to try to get the case dismissed and everything is just following the routine path, but I can't help but to worry a little that it might actually get dismissed.

No comments: