Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday

We had a nice day today. We got up in time to head to church this morning. With the 2 hour difference, it was a little hard to get up ~ I hit snooze a couple of times. After church, we headed to the one and only restaurant in Oilton (the little town my parents live in). Everytime I come, it seems the restaurant has changed owners ~ someone else is giving it a go. As long as it has chicken fried steak, though, Randy is happy. I think that is what he has ordered at every place we have eaten while we have been here.

We got finished with lunch in time for my mom, sister and I to head to a ladies tea at the church. I thought I was stuffed when we left the restaurant. Then, they brought out the cheesecake and the chocolate covered strawberries at the tea. While everyone was eating, my sister handed out little prayer cards to everyone. The card I got had Matthew 17:20 on it. This is the verse that was with me while Randy was in Harborview. I repeated this over and over while I was driving to Harborview in the mornings, while I was sitting next to Randy holding his seemingly lifeless hand while in ICU ~ "if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you." In reading the card I had to fight back tears. At the beginning of this journey, it seemed so easy to rely on faith because really I could do nothing else. Now that we are 7 1/2 months into it, sometimes it can be harder to have the faith. I know this card was given to me to remind me.

No comments: