Monday, December 04, 2006

Sunday and Monday

Sunday, we had a quick burial service for Hammy the hamster.

We also got an email from Christine, the woman to saved Randy's life, that answered one of Randy's burning questions. In the hospital, one of the nurses in ICU had told us that he thought Randy was not wearing a seatbelt because he didn't have any marks on his chest from the seatbelt. Also, throughout Randy's medical records, Randy is referred to as an "unrestrained driver". Randy became very obsessed with the whole "was he wearing his seatbelt or not". He was very insistent that he would not have had his seatbelt off. Knowing Randy, I admitted it didn't seem like him, but I figured since he was at a stop, he might have unbuckled it for a second to grab something (which is still unlike him, but could have happened). With the injury, once Randy gets a thought in his head, he becomes rather obsessive about it until it gets resolved. So I figured the best person to ask would be the first one to Randy, so I emailed Christine. She said she did indeed have to unbuckle Randy's seatbelt. Randy's was ecstatic to get that response ~ thank you Christine!

Now he can move on to his next obsession...

Today, Randy and his mom did some volunteer work at Cass's school. Later in the day, they visited the chiropractor and then went to Randy's pool therapy. Randy also talked to Alana from his work today. He told me tonight that he greatly enjoys talking to anyone about anything and everything that connects him to his life before the accident.

I got the results from the MRI that I had done on Friday for my nerve issue. I apparently have a herniated disk, which is why I cannot feel my lower leg or my toes. My doctor recommends I see a Neurosurgeon to discuss options for taking care of it. I haven't heard back from them on when that appointment is.

No comments: