Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What A Day

The day started with lightening and thunder. It is the first time I have ever heard my car alarm.

Randy pretty much slept through it. He was exhausted from such a busy day the day before. He slept in until after 10. He and his mom then headed down to the chiropractor. When they got back, Randy's mom headed to one of our neighbor's houses to hang out for awhile. Randy spent that time doing what he likes to do best ~ working on his PDA, continuing to work towards getting everything he wants set up on it. Later in the afternoon, Randy and his mom and Cass all headed to Randy's pool therapy.

My day today wasn't so good. A friend emailed me a news article about a laptop that was stolen from a Boeing employee's car. It had information of over 300,000 Boeing employees on it. Through the checking that I did, we found out that, unfortunately, Randy's information was on that computer. It had names, socials, home addresses, home telephone numbers, and driver's licenses. The stress of the last 6 months, with dealing with Randy's injury and recovery, with my back issues, I guess I had had enough today. My boss graciously let me leave a little early today ~ I went into her office a little emotional and told her I was just tired and just had enough.

I got him and got Randy set up on the 3 year credit watch that Boeing is providing. I also put the fraud alert on the bureaus.

Tonight, Randy and I had plans with our friends from church. He was to go to a tool exchange with Terry and I was going to attend a jewelry exchange with Cyndi. I thought about canceling tonight, but fortunately didn't. It was what I really needed. I am not a jewelry person, but I had so much fun. Cyndi and Terry have been through a lot with their son, who suffered a TBI over 2 years ago. It was good to be around her tonight and get to step away from everything. Randy had a great time as well.

No comments: