Thursday, January 18, 2007

Positive Attitude

Our last couple of days have been pretty restful. The weather has finally cooperated enough for Cass to go back to school. She was sad to see the snow go, but happy to be back at school.

Randy and I haven't done much of anything. Tonight was the first time we have really ventured out the last few days. We went to the TBI support group. It was a very nice meeting. The main subject tonight was positive attitude and how it helps with the recovery process. I definitely agree with that and believe Randy's positive attitude has helped him get as far along as he has. Quite a few people tonight also talked about the practice of gratitude, being thankful for the challenges that you have been given and being thankful for all that you have been able to do.

Randy is desiring to get back to work. I think part of it is boredom and part of it is wanting to see if he can. Tomorrow we will get to hear the neuropsychologists view on when Randy should try to return. Tonight, at the meeting I asked one of the people there how he knew when he was ready to return to work. He is 2 years post accident and he went back to work around his 10 month work. His response to my question, though, was that he wasn't ready. He talked about how difficult it was for him then and still is at times now. He said it was a challenge he wanted to face. I kind of want someone just to tell me when the right time is and I want that "right time" to be a time when Randy can go back and not fail. Right now, that is my biggest fear ~ that he will go back too soon and fail and lose out on something that he loves. But as Randy has said many times throughout this, he will not know what he can and cannot do until he tries!

No comments: