Saturday, September 16, 2006

Organization

Today, we put Randy's desire to go through everything to good use. He and I went through filing cabinets and got rid of a bunch of old stuff (we had mail from 2004 in there!). We came across some old notebooks that he took notes from meetings in and he had a great time going through those. They, of course, looked like a foreign language to me, but he understood what things meant and enjoyed seeing them.

Today we talked more about him doing a Continuing Education class from Greenriver. The one we narrowed it down to was a Project Managment Applications class, so pretty much stuff he would know already. He and I were thinking it might be something to occupy his time and his mind. I am a little worried about setting him up to fail, though. If he struggles too much with it, or fails at the class, I am scared that he would get let it get him down. I can sit here and have a "normal" conversation with him and I start to feel that he is so close to being back to where he was prior to the traumatic brain injury, but then there are instances where he will say or do something that brings back the reality that he isn't the same Randy right now and I don't really know what his capabilites are right now.

We also dealt with some mood swings today. I have heard of them and been warned of them, but Randy has been pretty much even tempered as of yet. Today, though, as we were driving to the store, I knew something was wrong. When asked, he said he was in a bad mood, but he said he couldn't explain why. At first, I did the normal "girly" thing of wondering what I could have done to have caused this, but I finally came to the realization that I had done absoultely nothing and this was most likely the injury (and I had a short realization of what men must feel like as we women change moods on seemingly very short notice!)He came out of it pretty quickly, though, and overall we had a great day.

No comments: