Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Randy's Tuesday

Last week this time we were taking Randy to the emergency room, right in the middle of the season permier of one of the few shows I really like, "House". I began warning Randy yesterday that I was absolutely not going to miss the show this week. I am happy to report that there were no episodes tonight!

Randy had a good day today. He had physical therapy. She got on to him for not doing his daily exercises. She said his left arm is starting to get more stiff. We bought him a white board for him to write down things he does or needs to do throughout the day to help remind him and us. He also walked along the street. She walked with you today and told him that he needs to go for walks with us a couple of times throughout the day.

Randy worked on his exercise bike some today but the therapist warned not to let him wear himself out on it.

Randy also went out and went shopping with his sister. I think he gets very tired of being in the house every day and looks for any chance to get out!

1 comment:

HeatherD said...

Randy and Rachel - I am GLAD you have entrusted yourself to God's divine healing. Hey! Here is an excerpt of an email I received today. I found this part so very interesting.

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
(It goes on to describe several people who mocked God. Here is the fascinating one:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005

In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU",

She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT(trunk), COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"

You can imagine the rest of the story.

God will heal you - you just keep trusting and believeing in Him. And, I'm sure He'll get you outdoors more, too ;)

When I had mono-nucleosis years ago, I was in bed for 4 months. I really grew weary of the sight of those 4 walls! At first, I couldn't even have visitors because they said I was contagious. Fortunately, after a few months, visitors broke up the monotony. And I got school books!
Do you want books? I love to read while I am on my recumbent bike! Though I prefer LARGE type! Or maybe you can do your left-arm exercises while you ride?

Well, you just keep hanging in there, Randy - you are doing GREAT!!!