Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Randy's Day

Short post because I am very tired:

Randy's mom has started to keep a log of what they do during the day, which helps me post what he has done. Let me tell you... it is very hard to ask someone who has very little memory what they have done during the day! This will definitely help me better track what he has been doing during his day!

Today, he started off wanting to watch a show about a group of guys who build custom motorcycles. Randy has always had a love of motorcycles. With what we had to watch going in and out of Harborview, though, we have been telling him that it is time to sell his motorcycle. He has said a couple of times "Well, maybe after just one more ride". We have seen both those who were at fault and those who were riding the motorcycle safely, but got hit by a careless driver. No more motorcycles!

Throughout the day, Randy and his mom also worked on his exercises ~ both for his left arm and hand as well as his eye exercises. He also went on two walks today ~ one with his mom and then one with me after dinner.

When I got home, Randy was working on reading his textbook for the class that he signed up for.

Last night, before he went to sleep, I had him make a task list for things he wanted to accomplish today. Tonight, I started to ask him about tomorrow and he interrupted me to tell me that he had transferred over tasks he didn't complete today to tomorrow's list. So he is using it. This is good.

Tonight, he got out of the house and hung out with his friend Brandon. That was definitely good for him.

2 comments:

HeatherD said...

Randy and Rachel - well, I'm going to preach also. My best friend was riding his motorcycle after having taken the "Taming the Iron Horse" and many practice rides. He was coming around a left curve going up hill when a bicyclist lost his brakes coming down, crossed the lane and plowed into him. The bicyclist was later cited 100% at fault, but they both still ended up unconscious in the critical care ward. My friend had 2 surgeries on his knee, a plate in his hand (imagine using a walker like That!) and his jaw wired shut for many weeks. I want to ride a motorcyle, too - I love the freedom. But, I just don't do it!!
You be safe and continue your healing - keep growing stronger and smarter, ok?
We miss you lots at work, but want you to be just where you need to be - which for now is still recovering, ok?!
Blessings on your day :)

Anonymous said...

Randy, Rachel, Cassandra & also Marsha.

I finally had a chance to read up on the progress reports, it's so exciting to read about your accomplishments. We are praying that God will continue to work in your life & give you strength to continue working hard, we are so proud of the team you have all become. This blog is so informative & detailed hopefully some day this will be of help to someone else--in book form.
Rachel you are doing a great job of writing all this down, Randy you are doing a great job with all that you are doing (you probably deserve a medal for being the only man in a house full of girls). Cass, it sounds like you are a big help!!
Marsha, sure glad you didn't climb up that ladder us 'older' ones can't be too careful! Really, I could not believe Randy up on the ladder--God is so GOOD!

We love you all bunches
Bonnie & Eddie